Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Kate Spade Stevie Baby Bag

One of the criteria I wanted in a diaper bag was that it not look like one. It has to be something I won't mind carrying and goes with whatever I'm wearing. Enter Kate Spade's Stevie Baby Bag --it's comfortable to carry, very roomy and not to mention stylish. I like that it looks a lot like a purse because even after the boys are done with diapers, I know I'll still be carrying around snacks, extra change of clothes or things to keep them entertained in my bag anyways, so this bag doubles as a diaper bag and large handbag. Obviously not a practical bag choice for a trip to the park or zoo but great for formal occasions and church.

About this bag
  • 2 large exterior pockets with drawstring closure (I can fit three 4oz Dr. Brown bottles in one pocket)
  • 4 inside pockets, 1 large zippered pocket and a pocket for storing changing pad
  • changing pad rolls up neatly and is a useful size (27" long and 15.5" wide)
  • attached stroller clips
  • nylon inside lining to make cleaning easy (exterior pockets are also lined with nylon inside)
  • real leather on trim and handles
  • 14K light gold-plated hardware 
    The inside is very roomy with 5 pockets (6 if you count the pocket for the changing pad). Even with all the pockets full, it doesn't take away from the main center of the bag, which is a problem I find in many other diaper bags. A lot of diaper bags have a lot of pockets along the walls of the bag, but once their full, you can't fit anything in the center main area of the bag. I can fit a large pack of wipes, extra blanket, toys, snacks in the center and still have room to spare. Because this is a shorter diaper bag (about 9" high) it does get snug when I stack things on top.


    My only small complaint about this bag is I wish there was a back zipper pocket for my phone and keys to be easily accessible, that way I don't have to use one of the side pockets that could be used for extra bottles or a water bottle. Also, this bag does not have an extra strap for the option to wear it crossbody style so I could be hands free, but it's not a big deal for me since I usually just hang the bag on my stroller.


    Overall, I absolutely love this bag and recommend it to anyone looking for a purse-looking diaper bag. The Stevie bag is also available in all nylon to make cleaning easier. Mines is in the Stucco print, which is trickier to clean as the exterior is a canvas material. Kate Spade often has surprise sales on their handbags including the baby bags. If you join their mailing list, you get 15% off your first purchase. Also I've heard of ladies getting this bag for as low as $120 at Kate Spade outlets!
     
    This diaper bag was purchased with my own money. I did not receive compensation for writing this review. I am not affiliated with Kate Spade. This review was written with my honest opinion. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment