Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Babymel Amanda Quilted Diaper Bag

It's been a while since I last updated. Not much has changed except my 2 yr old is finally potty trained!!! I'm so proud of him and surprised that it was pretty easy this time as it only took 3 days! But more on that another time. I wanted to share the diaper bag I'm currently using, the Babymel Quilted Amanda bag:


I bought this bag because I wanted a bag for quick trips out. It's a nice looking bag and has roomy pockets on the outside which I like, but these are one of those bags that if you have it stuffed in the main compartment, it becomes hard to fit stuff in the outer pockets.


There are 2 roomy pockets in the front (big enough to fit 2 bottles in each pocket), 1 wide roomy pocket on the back of bag with snap button closure and a side zipper compartment that is insulated for a bottle. The main compartment zips open and inside there are 3 pockets on one side, 2 pockets on the other side with a zipper pocket. The bag has an adjustable strap to wear slouchy over the shoulder style or crossbody style. I normally wear it crossbody style and find that the straps kind of dig into my shoulders if I wear it too long that way. I thought maybe I was carrying too much in the bag but as you'll see below I don't really carry that much at all. The straps have stroller straps that open/close with velcro. The bag comes with a fairly good size changing pad as well.

I love that this bag has tons of pockets but as mentioned above, it's hard to find or fit stuff in the outer pockets if the inside is full. When stuffed, the bag becomes a bit bulky. Also, considering this bag retails for $110, I expected it to be of better quality. The inside lining is nylon but is very thin and cheap feeling, like if it can rip easily if not careful or pulling too hard.  I also noticed the stitching is uneven.


See how thin the inside lining is, you can see the black quilted stitching through it:


This bothers me because the inside pockets are separated by a single stitch line, so I think over time the stitching can get loose easily because of the thin nylon material.

A look at inside my bag:


I'm one of those people who can't stand overstuffed bags as it makes it hard to find what you're looking for in hurry and I hate having to take things out to get to what I need at the bottom. For this reason I don't like to pile things on top of each other, I like to be able to see where everything is at at first glance. This is actually considered full to me (if I over stuff it, it'll be hard to get to the inside pockets or anything I put into the outer pockets is a tight squeeze) and it's not even half of what I normally carry with me. Inside I have a zip bag, my wallet, 3 size 3 diapers, a pack of wipes and a change of clothes. Outer pockets contain my phone, keys, hand wipes, sanitizer and a bottle.

The insulated zip pocket can fit 1 bottle (shown here is a Playtex Vent-Aire 8oz bottle):


It fits perfectly there with a little bit of room leftover for a baby food pouch. A full size Dr. Brown bottle can fit but would make it kind of hard to easily get the bottle in and out in a hurry.


Overall it's a decent bag for a quick trip or for 1 child, I wouldn't recommend for 2 or more kids and definitely not if you're an over-packer. I have a 2 and a half yr old and a 6 month old and I can't carry everything I would like to carry using this. I think this bag will be great for when my kids are a little older when I won't have to carry as much.

The Babymel Amanda bag was purchased with my own money. I did not receive compensation for writing this review. I am not affiliated withbabymel . This review was written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment